August 19, 2008

"Legends In The Game--R.I.P."


I just wanted to briefly acknowledge two Legends that recently passed away this past week; Bernie Mac (October 5, 1957 – August 9, 2008) and Isaac Hayes (August 20, 1942 – August 10, 2008). Both Isaac & Bernie were Legends in their fields because they were unique... they marched to their own beat and was about doing things on their own terms... Some things I try to incorporate into my everyday grind... Bernie was in a class by himself when it came to his comedic timing and his delivery of everypeople/everyday topics. Isaac was ahead of his time musically and was arguably on of the biggest influences on Hip-Hop music outside of James Brown... R.I.P. to the Legends...

The clip below [not safe for work - Language] is one of my favorites from "Mr. King Of Comedy" from his "Kings of Comedy" film/tour a few years back.

No comments: