June 26, 2008

R.I.P. George Carlin: May 12, 1937–June 22, 2008


George Carlin was one of the few legendary comedians that I always checked for whenever he had a special on TV. Now I gotta say that I am not a heavy fan of comedians... I'm not the dude you see at the comedy club when a famous comedian is in town... But I always checked for Carlin because he was one of the most raw/witty/insightful/controversial comedians to ever do it... And so I always will give props to the great ones like him [& Pryor] because these dudes weren't on stage to tell people knock-knock jokes. A lot of Carlin's material centered on the social/political/racial/everyday hangups that most people have.. And he was definitely a button pusher... but most importantly he challenged us to think about life.... R.I.P. Mr. Carlin.

No comments: